Masterlist of Types of Content
Small/quick things to do:
- tweet code snippets or interesting tidbits while researching/learning (e.g StimulusJs)
- record myself - a 2 min log of what I code related things I did that day.
- record myself - "I always have to look this up" mini-screencasts (e.g how to install redis)
- meet rails people - message rails/ruby podcast hosts after I listen, with something something specific from the episode I liked.
- write my thoughts/reactions about programming and software industry in general and post on dev.to + other places
- contact newsletter writers to include link to my content (e.g hotwire dev newsletter)
- dev feelings - start a tweet thread to record these and/or also in some no-code app where others can also add to it.
From my Biz Plan document:
- Super practical, short how-to: for example how-to install redis, how to use pg command line
- Cheatsheets: for git commands, for psql command line, for sublime shortcuts (need to develop these in my day-to-day activity still)
- Definitions for terms: bikeshedding, paradigm, (need to build this list over time, when I read and listen to pods, write these down)
- My philosophies / editorial style - on code reviews, debugging, meta-thinking while programming feelings/thoughts/actions. (not as interesting to others unless they know my tech stuff first. So write down now, but publish later).
- Long-form posts - what is hotwire/turbo/stimulus with code examples. with real working code checked-in to my GitHub.
- Ah ha - review what I have already written on dev.to or for TLN and post relevant things to cc.dev ("how to write effectively, code review etiquette, etc.)
- Rails components deep dive - build a fresh app to learn and demonstrate how to use a component. For example ActionMailbox (extracted from hey.com), sounds cool!
- Programming books - read and share takeaways, insights from those. Example wnb.rb bookclub, also the Rails4 Jose Vallim book on rails engines and other Rails internals.
- Audio explanation - job-to-be-done = learn something conceptual while on commute
- Student questions - keep track of answers I found, can include non-rails stuff too. example "How to get a variable from a file to another file in Node.js" from Tanisha